Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


This NEVER happens...we aren't seeing my family for Thanksgiving, which means we're on our own. I'm SO excited to prepare turkey dinner for my family! We want to establish some new traditions so we'll be putting up our Christmas tree and decorations on Friday and then Saturday will be a day trip to see another lighthouse.

I've never made a pie. I love to bake, but I've never done a pie. My daughter wants to make an apple pie, so we'll be doing our first pie together! We've got apples and I found this awesome pie crust tutorial.

But I need to pause a moment and compare this year with the last time we were on our own...that was maybe five years ago? Want to know what I did for Thanksgiving dinner? This is so embarrassing to think about now, but I made FROZEN DINNERS. Yep, like frozen turkey dinner with mashed potatoes, stuffing and veggies. I'm SO glad I'm not that person anymore!

(IF, by chance, you need a good frozen dinner, this one is awesome! Sadly, they used to have beans with cranberries, but they replaced the crans with carrots!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...