Monday, January 17, 2011

I Cooked Again!



WOW! I feel FANTASTIC! I read a list of recipes and Daniel chose this one.

What is it?

Chicken breast lightly fried and baked with a coating of pringles instead of cornflakes and mashed potatoes with broccoli (half & half and parmesan reggiano!) 

The recipes are outstanding!

First off, I had everything I needed to cook tonight's dinner because John shopped for this meal on Sunday. It was quite tasty!  Perfect for what I'm looking for...not junk food and not 'List B' food, I could tell the food was healthy, but it wasn't bulgar and raw carrots healthy. It was delicious and edible!

I didn't make a big deal about it...the kids knew I was cooking. Daniel crunched up the Pringles for me (I know, they qualify as junk food, but we got the reduced fat!) The recipe was very easy to follow and next time I make it I'll be much faster.

I was expecting flat out rejection and "I'm not going to eat that" (which may happen tomorrow when I serve the chili) so I was pleasantly surprised when I started eating, so did they! Here's how it went with my picky eaters...

Before we sat down, Daniel was saying, "can I eat yet? hurry up"

then

"Mmmmmm"

and

more "mmm"

and

later

"I kinda like the chicken"  (VICTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Sarah started with "ummmmmmmmm" and then decided she didn't like the chicken or the meal. And she's the one who likes broccoli! Sticking to my guns, I told her she could make herself a pb&j.

BUT

the very BEST part was that when Carole came over, I had good food to offer her (knowing she probably had not yet eaten dinner)!!!!!! THIS was very rewarding and a satisfying feeling! She said "mmm", too!

It is so great eating REAL food!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...