Thursday, June 16, 2011

Homeschool Lunches


Have I told you that we started homeschooling this year? My son is 11 and daughter is 8 next week. So when we started homeschooling, I realized we would need LUNCHES at home, too. Another meal to plan! I've tried planning lunches, but it seems to just work better to have several "staples" on hand and make whatever I feel like each afternoon. My thing is "soup and sandwiches" for lunch for the kids. That can take on many faces! I try to have a fruit and veggie and sandwich and soup. It rarely works that way! I often eat leftovers from dinner for my lunch.

I LOVE my dinnerware pattern from 1990. It is Dansk "Fransk" (nice that it rhymes!) in Blanc. I would choose it all over again 20+ years later. Of course, my pattern was discontinued years ago. A new cereal bowl at replacements.com is $59.99. Sigh. We've broken several dishes in the past few months so I was looking at prices online to replace those that have passed on. (I practically have a funeral when they break!! Sick.) It is getting to the point that by the time we're eating dinner, there aren't enough dishes because I've used them all up during a busy day at home.

In an effort to reduce the use on my dishes, I found these at Target yesterday. My new LUNCH DISHES! I love them-plastic and indestructable! I bought 2 floral and 2 stripe (they actually came with a lid). This will save on several plates used during the day. :)

So today's lunch was a SOUR nectarine (so disappointing!), sandwich (Sarah gets a CHOCOLATE Nutella sandwich on Fridays, but the other days she chooses between PB&J and meat-n-cheese). Daniel only eats PB&J. He likes noodle soup and she doesn't. We don't have chips very often but this week they get a serving with lunch.

I just want you to know that I sound organized only out of necessity!! The things I do everyday need some kind of systemization...for sanity. And every little thing that gets systemized isn't a problem anymore and then I systematize something else and now I have a home of systems! I love that!

SO-I have a question for you-what do YOU do with your broken dishes? I keep thinking someone out there might want the gorgeous materials for mosaics or something. I could toss it all in a flat rate box and mail it to someone. How do you recycle broken dishes? Please leave comments below, thanks!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...