Friday, June 10, 2011

Salmon & Green Beans-Enter LEAN & GREEN

John has lost more than 20 pounds! He's doing Take Shape for Life and doing great!

So I've had a major change in the way I plan meals. Recently, I actually got my entire month planned! This was a huge milestone and I was very excited to not have to be planning all the time. But the reality is that the kids don't really eat my meals. Enter the BRAINWAVE-if they don't eat my meals anyway, why not cook for JOHN!? I can plan Lean & Green meals for his eating plan and they can not eat that!

So my new focus is to create a new meal plan for one month and just use it again and again. I'm guessing it will improve as we replace what we really like with the less desirable meals. John got the meat and beans and the kids ate a half of a baked potato and some leftover couscous. They didn't eat much, but DANIEL LIKED THE SALMON! Whooohooo!

These salmon patties were pretty good. Wild salmon patties from Trader Joes. I marinated in teriyaki sauce and pan fried them in some olive oil over medium heat for less than 10 minutes (about 4 minutes per side). Frozen green beans from Costco. Really easy meal!

I used the marinade from the PRISM cookbook (bottom of page). In 2004 I lost 40 pounds doing PRISM. I didn't cook in 2004 but I did try two recipes and they are really, really tasty!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...